random thoughts and inner words...



This blog is my creation. It is my own words and a lot of words from music that has influenced my feelings and actions. Music has the ability to make you happy or make you cry; sob or be racked with tears. Take time to listen to the world around you and the music that comes from it. Not all music is heard; some is read from the pages of books. It's up to you to hear the notes... Thank you for reading...







Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Funeral for a Friend (Love lies bleeding)...


I lost an old friend on December 1st. It touched me deeply because when I had tried to contact him after my second marriage, which it the last time I saw him, I was told that he had died. What a cruel trick to play on someone.

He went with a nondescript obituary and not a photo to go with it. Here is where I pine over lost photos in Katrina, as I had pictures of us together. He was a visionary thinker, and influential friend and one of the kindest people I ever knew. He was always soft spoken and gentle to those he came into contact with. I will miss the thought of him and deeply regret accepting the word of someone concerning his death when I should have verified it. To be absent in his last days seems like a betrayal.

This is my tribute to you, Eric Lugenbuhl. Great friend, never scared to take a risk, crazy SOB... May you rest eternally in a better place.

No comments: