random thoughts and inner words...



This blog is my creation. It is my own words and a lot of words from music that has influenced my feelings and actions. Music has the ability to make you happy or make you cry; sob or be racked with tears. Take time to listen to the world around you and the music that comes from it. Not all music is heard; some is read from the pages of books. It's up to you to hear the notes... Thank you for reading...







Monday, June 21, 2010

This Ain't No Party; This Ain't No Disco; There Ain't No Fooling around!


Hello, gentle reader. Well, the best is yet to come. I'm taking an oral chemotherapy drug, now. It's called Imuran. Presently, it is busy as a bee, annihilating those bad little antibodies that are blocking my "receptors". Then comes Thursday and Friday of which I am steadily growing more and more terrified of. "Why?" you ask? Wellll, why didn't you say so? That's a horse of a different color."


I'm going for a procedure called IVIG. It stands for intravenous immunoglobulin. You sit in a comfortable chair and they stick a needle in your arm and then INFUSE alot of this stuff. It's supposed to be governed by body weight. 1 GR/1 KG of body weight. Since I have bucked up to 195 lbs, i'll be getting roughly (2 x)90 grams of this stuff. Two days of it, and it takes seven to eight hours to do. And while it doesn't seem to fall in the chemo category, it might as well. Some of the reading I've done suggest those kind of after-effects. So theres what I have to look forward to. Fever, chills, vomiting, diarrhea... The Four Horsemen of the Jesters Apocalypse. But there IS a chance I won't have them. "I will pick not, George." "Ahhhhhh, Shaddup!"




The above URL'S are very informative sites on Myasthenia Gravis. 

The mechanics of Myasthenia Gravis...

So here I go...  Hats off to The Chairman of the Board!

No comments: