random thoughts and inner words...



This blog is my creation. It is my own words and a lot of words from music that has influenced my feelings and actions. Music has the ability to make you happy or make you cry; sob or be racked with tears. Take time to listen to the world around you and the music that comes from it. Not all music is heard; some is read from the pages of books. It's up to you to hear the notes... Thank you for reading...







Sunday, January 10, 2010

I believe there's a reason for everything


Magrathea ("Maggie") the Chameleon

What keeps our hearts beating inside of our chests,
with the droning buzz-zuul of a hundred bee's nests?
We tap on time like we pick on a string,
and we hope and we pray for just about everything.
But just what is responsible for our hearts and our time?
Could it be the civilizations who drew mountainous lines?
Is it the mighty creator who goes by names many?
Or some ancient astronauts of whom we haven't seen any?
And the most burning of questions that grips us through life,
is where do we go at the end?

Maggie doesn't worry, nor care, about her end. She cares about crickets and misting. She is a fortunate creature because she's been "adopted" by someone who cares about her. Her crickets show up on time and she throws out that huge tongue and snaps up the poor little gourmet meal. I so wish that Pierce was here to meet her. He would be facinated and amused by this little creature. I relate so much to her. She can hide out as much as she can and she literally hates anyone coming and watching her or holding her. It is how I feel, too. Not always, but a great deal of the time.

Not long to go before the 20th, Pierce. I miss seeing you. I miss holding you. I miss showing you all the new and neat paintball shit. I miss travelling to games with you and Johnny. I miss watching you thrilled over your Alienware laptop. I feel like an ass for ever saying anything about it. At the time, all I saw was losing you and trying to grab onto anything that was a small part of you. The only thing I have of you now is the photos I took when we were playing or running a game, and your gear. And I hold them and cry. I hear the music we enjoyed together and cry. I am thankful for this... Sweet dreams, wherever you may be.


I've been out walking for hours.
I've got something on my mind.
How did we get here? Where are we going?
and why is life so hard?

I read the stories, see the photographs.
Worlds in a crazy space.
I've got to hold on to my dreams;
There's just no other place.

I believe...
We can change everything.
I believe...
We can rise above this.
I believe...
There's a reason for everything.
I believe...
In my dream.

"I Believe"
Joe Satriani

No comments: